Our team are occasionally asked what each of the five key parts of an exhaust system actually does. So here goes…
- The manifold gathers all the harmful gases produced in the engine and sends them down a pipe to…
- The catalytic converter which converts these into less harmful products such as water vapor and inert carbon dioxide
- The oxygen sensor checks for the levels of this gas in the system
- The muffler, comprised of tubes, chambers and channels, dampens engine noise as well as also helping to remove those exhaust gases
- The tailpipe expels the converted gases from the system
If your exhaust system doesn’t seem to be operating as it should, then call Independent Auto Care on 303-840-4400 and speak to our Acura, Mini Cooper, Honda or BMW repair experts.